Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...

...My true love gave to me, a gigantic appetite.  Something about the Holiday season makes me want to do nothing but eat.  ALL. DAY. LONG.  It seems like I'm never satisfied, and never full enough.  And it doesn't help that I'm surrounded by delicious cookies, and parties full of snacks and festive beverages.  Good thing I've got that tapeworm ;)

I've been snacking on my sister-in-laws famous ham biscuits this week.  She's an amazing Southern cook & I'm so thankful for this recipe.  They are seriously the best thing to come out of my oven.  Ever.  And, they're super easy!

1 pan of Sister Schubert's Parker House Rolls 
Shaved County Ham {has to be shaved, has to be country ham.  no other way}
3 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 stick of melted butter {I never said these were healthy...}

Preheat the oven to 350.  Slice the rolls in half, through the middle {like a layer cake}

sister schubert

Brush both sides with melted butter.

sister schubert ham biscuit

Put a thin layer of shaved country ham down

country ham biscuits

and sprinkle with brown sugar.

brown sugar country ham biscuits

Put the "lid" back on, and brush that with the rest of the butter.  Make sure it drips down in the little cracks.

Bake for about 20ish minutes, or until the top starts to get a little golden.


Cut apart on the dotted line, and enjoy.  I dare you not to eat the entire tray.

mini country ham biscuits

*Linked up to Schue Love

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever idea to add the ham...like a croque monsieur! Delish! Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...