Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Budget Master Bath Make-Over: After

Well we did it.  Three days, four colors, and miles of painters tape, but we finished our mini bathroom makeover.  Because the room is so small, it didn't take any time {silver lining?}.  But once I painted the walls "Toasty Grey," I just felt like it needed a little something extra.  I found tons of great ideas on Pinterest, but found inspiration right in front of me {literally}

bathroom stripes

Sooooo, we painted an accent wall with thick stripes {look familiar?  Oh hey, blog background!}  Curveball, I know.  Painting the stripes wasn't that bad.  The worst part was the measuring and taping around all of the fixtures.  I used Virginia at Live Love DIY's tips for measuring the wall and Megan at Honey We're Home's method of sealing and painting.  Both worked like a charm.  Crisp, evenly spaced, wide stripes.  And I LOVE it.  Just last week, I was explaining my hatred for our tiny master bathroom, and now it's easily my favorite room in our house!  Better yet? I came in under my self imposed budget.  A little paint goes a long way!
  
In addition to painting the walls and vanity, we replaced our dated medicine cabinet with a larger one, sans frame.  I envisioned a great decorative mirror like this in the bathroom, but we just couldn't give up the extra storage, so a new medicine cabinet it was.

mirror medicine cabinet


I also picked up a few new accessories from HomeGoods and Target.

gray bathroom accessories

And one of the biggest changes, new floor!  Adios 1990's linoleum, hello clean tile.  This isn't just any tile.  It's peel-and-stick!  With grout!  {Thanks O!}  More on that later.

peel and stick tile with grout

I can't get over how different this space is now.  SO much brighter than before, and the stripes create an optical illusion that makes the room feel wider and taller.  Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I've contemplated doing stripes on the wall before,but have always chickened out. Glad to see you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I was really nervous about it when we started, but it was SO much easier than I expected & I love the result.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog through the "Five on Friday" Link up!! Love your make over! What color did you paint your vanity?? I really want to paint mine but haven't found a color I've liked yet but I LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kelly! The color is called Still Gray by Behr {paint and primer in one!} It's so funny--the swatch looked gray, but next to the wall color/ in this light it reads like it has some blue in it. I wasn't sure about it at first, but we really like it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...